Preparing for Millennial Parenting while Crushing $108,000 of Student Debt with Emilie from Wise Mind Money – Episode 027
How to prepare for millennial parenting and balance paying off student debt.
The hosts of Simple Minded Millennial are getting some counseling this week with their favorite therapist! Emilie, the millennial behind Wise Mind Money who is on a mission to crush student loans, is on the show to discuss how she and her husband are preparing for THE biggest life change. A BABY!
Emilie and her teacher husband accrued $108k of debt combined from their undergrad and her graduate school degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. Despite making average salaries, they usually pay $20k of student loan debt off a year (40%+ of their salaries)! And have already dominated over $40,000 of student debt!
Now, their debt payoff strategy and financial goals are being re-calibrated since they’re preparing for millennial parenting.
Emilie dives into:
- How they keep expenses low
- Ways to put 40% of salary towards debt
- Her career into the mental health field
- How millennial parenting will change their debt payoff
- Money tips for preparing for a new baby
- How her dogs are adjusting to the news of a baby coming on board